Self Storage Packing Tips
Self-Storage Packing Tips
- Gather your packing supplies before you get started to avoid any hassle. Boxes, bubble wrap, tape, markers, covers, and peanuts make packing a snap.
- Keep heavier items in small boxes for easier lifting. Big, bulky items may be better with a cover instead of being placed inside a box.
- Label with as much specific information as possible. "Kitchen" doesn't help you a year after you've packed the box.
- Individually wrap fragile or delicate items with acid-free paper to avoid corrosion and damage. Use dividers in boxes to help organize and provide more protection.
- Always tape up boxes to give them more durability.
- Avoid using plastic bags that don't circulate air. You'll trap condensation and promote mildew growth.
- Cover glass or sensitive components on appliances and furniture. Clearly mark them so you can avoid leaning any heavy objects against them.
Inside the Unit
- If you need to stack anything, make sure the heaviest and sturdiest items are on the bottom.
- Draw up a floor plan with clearly marked areas. Use it as a map the next time you need to retrieve anything.
- Use pallets to elevate belongings. This will prevent water damage from any small leaks or floods.
- Place anything you plan to use regularly at the front of the unit. Make sure you leave walking aisles to allow easier access.
- Make sure everything has been thoroughly cleaned and properly dried. Any moisture left on belongings will cause damage over time with mildew and mold buildup.
- Never plug in any electronic devices into outlets in the storage unit.
- Use rust and corrosion prevention products on appropriate surfaces when storing items for longer periods of time.
- Take care when stacking certain items. They'll compress with the added weight and may become unusable.
Self Storage Management
Under Executive Self Storage's third-party management, self storage facilities receive consulting services that include operations manuals, facility evaluations, due diligence studies, manager training and store audits. Executive Self Storage's...Learn More
Executive Self Storage has been in the self-storage industry since 1987. We have joined together family trusts, individual investor groups, and builders and individuals investing for the first time with the self-storage property that fits their needs...Learn More
Executive Self Storage real estate management has developed a network of brokers, lenders, private individuals, corporations, clients and other real estate parties that are buying or may be buying self storage facilities. The ESSA real estate management team...Learn More